Monday, April 12, 2010

Yummy and Fun

Okay, since most of you know that I am now pregnant with baby number 5, I am taking full advantage of using my being sick as the excuse as to why I have not posted in a while. Life could not possibly feel worse right now.

BUT, on a happy note, I wanted to share a SUPER yummy cookie recipe with you. My kids LOVE making these cookies because they get to roll the dough into little balls and then cover them in cinnamon and sugar. They are lots of hands on for the kids and I have to tell you that they are the best cookies I have ever had. (And I usually HATE any cookie with Molasses in them)

MOLASSES COOKIES

1/2 C Shortening
1 1/2 C Butter
4 C Sugar
4 Eggs
1 C Molasses
1 tsp. Salt
8 C Flour
3 Tbs Cinnamon
2 tsps Cloves
2 tsps Soda

(Normally I half this recipe) If not, you will have a ton of cookies!

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and then add the rest.

Roll into balls then roll balls in a mixture of 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 C Sugar.

Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 for 8-10 min.

Glaze while still warm.
Glaze:
1/4 C Water
2 C powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla

Enjoy!

No comments: