Monday, August 9, 2010

Home Depot Craft

I know I have mentioned this on my family blog, but there are some of you that do not have access to that so I will mention it again here.

The first Saturday of every month, The Home Depot has a craft for kids. You take your kids and get a free craft apron and craft.

You can do the craft right there with a bunch of other kids, or take it home and do it later. (I like to take it home so I can do it for a break in our school day)

My kids LOVE these crafts and it keeps them busy for a long time.
First I help them put the craft together

Then for something extra to keep them busy, I always let them paint the craft when it is all built.

It is such a great way for your kids to learn how to use a hammer and create something fun.

This is a nationwide thing and they usually do it from 8-11.
So put the 1st Saturday in September on your calendar and head to the Home Depot to get your free craft.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is this that they made?

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

It is a little soccer game. They had a lot of fun playing with it after the paint dried.
They have also made a money bank, flower pot holder, tool kit holder.......lots of fun stuff.