Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pain Free Elastic Removal

I use a LOT of elastic bands in my little girl's hair. (you know, the little kind that you pretty much use once and then throw away cause it is not usable........or has broken while trying to get it out)

She likes me to do her hair and make it look "beautiful!" but she HATES to have me take out those elastic bands. She used to scream out in pain every time I tried to take one out and it was a battle I didn't want to fight.
I have tried using scissors to cut them out, but that doesn't always work so well. You have to be VERY careful about not actually cutting hair when you do it that way.

So I thought really hard about a better way to get those painful little elastic bands out. And I found one!

Get a seam ripper and slip the point under the elastic band and presto!! It will cut off the elastic band, and your child will be tear free. (which is always good for mom)

1 comment:

Collin & Elizabeth said...

Genius...that's all I can say! that and I love you!