Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas story time

I found this WAY cute idea in a book I have and I am already doing it. (Sorry, I meant to share this before December hit, but such is life!!)

If you have a nice collection of Christmas books........say......25 of them.........wrap each of them and put them under your tree. (If you don't have that many Christmas books, you could start this on the 12 days of Christmas countdown)
Each night before bed, have one child unwrap a book and read it to your kids around the tree. You will do this every night until Christmas.

We have gotten a great selection of Christmas books over the years and I usually keep them with my Christmas stuff so that we ONLY read them during Christmas. It has been a fun tradition and I am now excited to used the "wrap a book" idea as part of that tradition. :)

3 comments:

Rebecca Hansen said...

what a fun idea! Too bad i only have 1 christmas story book in our house! maybe it'll be our christmas eve tradition until we get more books!

Alicia said...

Awesome idea! I need to get more Christmas books. I definitely want to do this next year!

Cecily said...

That's such a fun idea!!!!