My husband has been throwing out a lot of his old dress shirts, so I snatched them up and played around with the fabric they had to offer me.
Here is the first skirt I made. (My favorite of the two)Then I cute one shirt into a rectangle and attached the gathered strips of fabric to that.
Then I sewed the fabric strips on.
I had initially put a zipper on the side of the skirt so that it would be more fitted, but when I tried it on Audrey I realized why elastic was invented. Little girls don’t have the lovely hips that we women have. Without those awesome hips (ha! I am trying to be positive about them……really) the fitted skirt had a really hard time staying up. So I ripped out the zipper and put in an elastic waist band.
These skirts were so simple to make and a lot of fun to experiment with.
I am kind of on a flower kick, so that was my finishing touch. :)