Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summertime Snowman

On our recent trip to the library, the kids picked out a couple of books about winter and snowmen. I am so happy it is FINALLY summer and we don’t have to deal with snow any more, and they are getting books about the white stuff?!!!

But reading these books with them gave me a really fun idea, so maybe the books they picked out are okay to read in the summer time……………..MAYBE!!!

I asked the kids if they would like to make a snowman RIGHT NOW in this summer weather. They were MORE than excited about that idea, so we got to work.

This picture pretty much explains itself. I don’t know if I need to actually write instructions on how we made it. I do wish I had remembered to get some candy corns for the nose. That would have looked so much cuter. But alas, I am a typical mom who runs to the store to get this and that and usually forgets at LEAST one item. (And that is WITH a list)

I will say one thing about making the snowman. It is MUCH easier to make a nice round scoop if you put the ice cream scoop in hot water first.

Anyways, it was a HUGE hit with my kids and a REALLY fun way to eat ice cream on a hot day. :)