Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Price Matching

I am all about saving money. I love getting a good deal on something I need and I love the extra cash I get to tuck away for something I want. :)

When I was first married I would search the local ads for the grocery sales going on that week. I would literally go from store to store so I could get the sale items and save money. (I have always felt my job as a wife is to save money wherever I possibly can so that I can stay home with my kids. That’s my job. J)

Well, now that I have five children, I don’t have the time to hop from store to store just to get a good deal. I shop at Wal-Mart. (I know, I know…….we all have our weaknesses and this one would be mine)
But recently I have been getting into price matching. I have already saved sooooo much money and I have even been able to beef up my food storage quite a bit. (And it has only been two months)

If I find a good sale in a local store ad, I take that ad to Wal-Mart and they will give me the same price for that item. 
The cool thing is, when the local store ad has a limit on the items I can get for the sale price, I usually get as many of those items as I want at Wal-Mart and they will STILL give me the ad price for all of my items.
For example, last month a local store had a sale on milk. It was 98 cents for one gallon, but had a limit of 1 per customer. I took that ad to Wal-Mart and got 4 gallons………..all for the sweet price of 98 cents per gallon. AWESOME!!

So if you don’t have time to go from store to store, but you really want to save on your grocery bill, get some local store ads and do some price matching. You will be amazed at how much you can save.

No comments: